Thursday, January 31, 2008

SOMETHING'S IN THE AIR. . .

ON THE ROMNEY CAMPAIGN:

Howdy Ho, Fellow Mittiots. DOWN! That's was me - "Mister Optimist - after the Florida Primary. Down. . . and a wee bit grumpy - NOT SO TODAY! Why? Just something in the air. I can't put my finger on it but it comes from just hearing (and reading) the points made by the stalwarts of my party. . . You see, one thing that has yet to cease to amaze me is how "I'm not alone." I mean I think, "How can my party be so blind?" "How could so and so be so stupid?" "Doesn't anyone catch this or that?" and so on and so. Then I opened some email and clicked on some links and began to realize the ground swell. . . I even thought that someone might actually be reading the blog. . . then I came to my senses and realized, "There are a lot of Mittiots out there." And, for that - from that - I feel something in the air. . .

ON THE DEMOCRAT-ESK , DIRTY, CAMPAIGN CRAP:

I'm not speaking of the John McCain lieing stuff, or the dishonest campaign lit we received here in the SPARTAN state from the "Maverick," or even the BS Robo-Calls in FL regarding MA's abortion laws and/or the Castro tripe (all worthy of outrage). I'm speaking of the AP HACK JOB on printing a story that Romney wasn't going to buy television spots in Super Tuesday states. This original story was "printed on the condition of aninimity" and is an OLD, TRANSPARENT, campaign tactic. Printing the false "leak" as fact has the potential to undermine the support for a candidate as it (as printed) signals the campaign is giving up. THE MEDIA KNOWS THIS - ESPECIALLY AP - AND THEY HAVE A RESPONCIBILTY TO EITHER PRINT THE SOURCE, ASK THE CANDIDATE, OR IGNORE THE STORY. Fellow Mittiots, I don't swear on my blog, but THAT WAS/IS BULLSHIT. . . and the AP knows it.

Oh looky there, here's an UPDATE from 40 minutes ago:

Romney will be running ads in Super Tuesday states

After reporting last night that Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney "was not attempting to purchase television advertising time in any of the 21 states on the (Republican) calendar for Feb. 5," the Associated Press this morning is saying that Romney "plans to run a 'significant' level of television ads in California and other states that vote Tuesday in essentially a national primary, aides said."

And we've got an on-the-record confirmation of that from Romney campaign spokesman Matt Rhoades, who responded to a query from us with this statement: "Romney for president will be making a significant ad buy in California and other Feb. 5 states."

So the AP's conclusion last night that Romney is not "ready to finance a costly campaign in the states holding primaries and caucuses next week" may no longer hold.

Hmmmmmm, imagine that, "AN ON-THE-RECORD CONFIRMATION" what a novel Fricken' idea. (I guess, upon reflection, there may be a hint of residual grumpiness. . . but that should tick anyone off.)

ON THE MAINE CAUCUS:

Lastly, just a little something to add to the feeling in the air:

Freeport turnout higher than expected, voters choose Romney

CAN YOU FEEL IT?

~ so asketh the Mittiot.

PS. If you haven't done so in a while (or at all) and fear for the GOP if the Hufficrats, Hufficans, and MEDIA (like the AP Liberals) get their way, it's time to contribute (again). We're going to win and no underhanded, less than "straight" campaign tactic is going to stop us.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home