Friday, September 7, 2007

OH FOR THE LOVE OF PETE. . . DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

THE LAST WORD ON ROMNEY'S SONS AND SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY:

Alright, your Mittiot has been frank when it comes to calling out the Media, Hufficrat, BS when it comes to the unfounded attacks on Mitt. There's no doubt, I believe Mitt Romney will be the President and no doubt that he's the right man for the job. I understand others would like to see that not happen - "Them's Politics." But my faith in Mitt shouldn't be confused with employee loyalty - I don't work for the Romney campaign - I have volunteered my time for THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY. In other words, I am sacrificing my time to support a better path for the US of A. Is it the same as joining the military? No. Is it close? No. It's totally different - but it IS SUPPORTING THE COUNTRY. Put it another way: You drive to work, I walk to work. Is driving the same as walking? No. Is it even close? No. It's totally different - but in the end we are both traveling to work. Romney does not owe an apology - it's easier then a clarification - and the emotion blinds individuals into denial - but what Romney said, is indeed correct.

"NO! No it is not!" You say. Let me ask you this: "Do you actually know when and where that comment was made? Have you done your homework? (asks the PoliSci instructor)" I bet you haven't. Did you know that Romney has been asked that question before by individuals not curious but hostile to a Romney Presidency. It's a rhetorical dig.

"NO! No you're wrong! It was a legitimate question!" You say. NOPE, it was a rhetorical dig posed by ". . . a reputed war protester while Romney was discussing Iraq. The presidential hopeful continued his answer by calling for a “surge of support” for those enlisted and their families. According to The Associated Press, the woman is a member of Quad City Progressive Action for the Common Good . . ." [CNN]

Here's the scripted question as asked, and Romney's ACTUAL response:

QUESTION: "Hi, my name's Rachel Griffiths, thank you so much for being here and asking for our comments. And I appreciate your recognizing the Iraq War veteran. My question is how many of your five sons are currently serving in the U.S. military and if none of them are, how do they plan to support this War on Terrorism by enlisting in our U.S. military?"

GOVERNOR ROMNEY: "Well, the good news is that we have a volunteer army and that's the way we're going to keep it. My sons are all adults and they've made their decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty. I respect their decision in that regard. I also respect and value very highly those who make a decision to serve in the military. I think we ought to show an outpouring of support just as I suggested. A surge of support for those families and those individuals who are serving. My niece, for instance, just to tell you what a neighborhood can do and how touching it can be.

"My niece, Misha, living out West, her husband I think he got a call on a Tuesday. He's in the National Guard. He got a call on a Tuesday that he was going to be called up and shipped overseas on a Thursday. And they just bought a home -– they hadn’t landscaped it -– but the rules in the neighborhood were that unless you got your home landscaped within a year of the time that you bought your home, they began fining you, because they didn’t want people having mud holes in front of their homes. And she was very worried and just before the year expired, she woke up one morning and looked out the window and all the neighbors were out there, rolling down sod, putting up trees, getting it all done."

"It’s remarkable how we can show our support for our nation and ONE of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping to get me elected, because they think I’d be a great president. My son, Josh, bought the family Winnebago and has visited 99 counties, most of them with his three kids and his wife. And I respect that and respect all of those IN THE WAY they serve this great country." [emphasis added]

"Why aren't your sons on the front-line?" Is a rhetorical smear of campaign blather! This topic will be brought up again and again - but you're Mittiot has said all that needs to be said, "involving yourself in the democratic process - to get competent people elected to lead this country - is, indeed, ONE WAY to show support for this country." If not, why is Rachel Griffiths a committed war protester?

~ so sayeth & asketh the Mittiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home